Working on WordPress can certainly be a cake walk when we have hands on experience on WordPress or have someone to share their experience. Don’t worry, as you don’t have to wait for years to get acquainted with WordPress. In this blog we will discuss some of the important functionalities which can boost your WordPress site’s visibility in this Internet world . Let’s find out!
What to know before commencing your ADMIN PAGE
WordPress do offers a very user friendly working environment and thus getting an admin page seems very easy. If you are creating your admin page for the first time, then you need to enter your website’s URL. Here you need to remember to type in “/wp-admin” (without double quotes). From now do remember to make use of this tip to log in.
Utilize images for better visibility
According to a study, visuals are processed 60,000 times faster than text and 90% of the information is transmitted via them. They also have more impact on users and they make the blogs or articles more exciting and improve the engagement quotient of blogs. One can utilize this on every image i.e on the title tag as well as on the alternate text. You can utilize this space for aptly placing the keywords which you can target. The title tag appears on the little text box which appears on that image and the alternate text appears when the image fails to load. All you need to make sure that your entires are akin to the theme of your marketing strategy.
Changing your blog post’s URL
There are several changes which keep on happening in the structure of the website. These changes may or may not be friendly for SEO purposes and sometimes they do not simply make sense at all. In order to make your website SEO friendly you can follow the following steps:
1. You need to go to the backend of WordPress, then move on to the Edit Screen and then you need to post the edit option.
2. A gray “Edit” button is present just beneath the title and next to the permalink. You can even see a “change permalinks” button, then you need to first click on the that button and then after on the radio button named as “Post name” on the page named as “Permalink Settings”. Then you need to save the changes made , so click the button which says “Save Changes”. Now you can go back to the post or page you wish to edit and then hit the “Edit” button.
3. After clicking on the “Edit” option the URL will be transformed into a text box which can be altered easily. Make sure to remove all the special character and any such words which can prove to be a hindrance to your search engine rankings. Words such as “a”, “in”, “or,” and “the.” So, if your name comprises of a lot of such words we can simply remove them, for instance – “ helping -orphans -to -find -an -abode -or -shelter -in -St.- mary’s -dehradoon ”, you can change it to “orphans -find -abode-St.- mary’s”. Additionally do not forget to use to a dash in order to separate each word.
4. Next you need to click on the “OK” button which is gray in color.
5. Now, you need to click on the “Update” or “Publish” button to save the changes which you have made.
How to revise the changes on your post?
There are times where you need to edit your web page and thus you need to place your images, content, row layout, and section perfectly. After writing all the changes you need to save the changes. However, after saving it what will you do if you realize that the changes you have saved were not on the correct pages. No worries! You can easily correct it by going through the revisions which appear on the right side bar, beneath the “Publish section”, and from there you can easily restore the version which you do not wish to change. This further helps you to analyze the changes which you have made, to get to know about the previous versions and learn from the positives or negatives.
Keyboard shortcuts for fast processing
Use keyboard shortcuts for fast processing and mentioned below are the shortcuts which are used very frequently :
- Ctrl + i = Italic
- Ctrl + b = Bold
- Ctrl + v = Paste
- Ctrl + c = Copy
- Ctrl + a = Select All
- Ctrl + x = Cut
- Ctrl + y = Redo
- Ctrl + z = Undo
- Alt + Shift + n = Check Spelling
- Ctrl + [number] = Insert heading sizes, e.g. CTRL+1 = <h1>, CTRL+2 = <h2>.
- Alt + Shift + j = Justify Text
- Alt + Shift + l = Align Left
- Alt + Shift + r = Align Right
- Alt + Shift + c = Align Center
Removing confusion by changing color scheme of your WP panel
There are times when a single person administers multiple websites which ends up creating confusion for the administrator. Thus, in order to avoid such confusion you can go to the profile section present in the sidebar and choose different colors for your multiple website which it has to offer.
How To Add Columns Without Learning HTML
WordPress also offers a very simple way of creating columns without any technical expertise. All you need to do is to simply activate an Advanced WP Columns configuration. This will enable you to get columns which can be presented side – by -side and appear better than rows.
WordPress is certainly one of the best CMS systems present nowadays and one can utilize it to the fullest when you know these little tips and tricks. I hope this can help you in enhancing your skills. For any further queries feel free to drop us a line.